We are Specialists in Marine Dredging
We can offer our clients total project management from beginning to completion regardless of size and/or location. We have the knowledge, flexibility and crew to complete any dredging job, big or small.
- We differ from our competitors because we have our own maintenance & engineering team.
- Our guys are experts in this field.
- Our equipment is maintained to the highest of standards.
- We have years of experience & have worked in many places in New Zealand.
- Our work site can be located anywhere Nationwide.
- Our excavator is fitted with the very latest in GPS technology provided by, https://www.topconpositioning.com/construction/mass-excavation
Dredging is the removal of sediments and debris from the bottom of lakes, rivers, harbours, and other water bodies. It is a routine necessity in waterways because of sedimentation — the natural process of sand and silt washing downstream gradually fills channels and harbours.
Dredging is often focused on maintaining or increasing the depth of navigation channels, anchorages, or berthing areas to ensure the safe passage of boats and ships. Vessels require a certain amount of water in order to float and not touch the bottom. This water depth continues to increase over time as larger and larger ships are deployed. Because of our busy ports here in Tauranga & throughout New Zealand, dredging plays a vital role in the nation’s economy.
What we deliver
- Efficiency & Speed
- Proven Performance
- Proven Equipment
- Unrivalled Experience
- TopCon GPS on our Excavator
All of our dredging plant is mobile due to our barges being sectional & transportable (by road or sea).
Sectional barges are smaller easily transportable barges that are designed to get into places where larger barges cannot navigate. These barges make an ideal work platform for projects in which access by boat is limited. Most of our Sectional Barges contain hydraulic spuds that can be utilised for greater stability. They have a 150mm gap in between the sections for drill rods and CPT rods.
We can Dredge ANYWHERE in New Zealand
Dredging is also performed to reduce the exposure of fish, wildlife, and people to contaminants and to prevent the spread of contaminants to other areas of the water mass. Environmental dredging is often necessary because sediments in and around cities and industrial areas are frequently contaminated with a variety of pollutants. These pollutants are introduced to waterways from sources such as sewer overflows, municipal and industrial discharges, and spills; or may be introduced from other sources such as surface runoff and atmospheric deposition. Pacific7 are fully equipped to protect and restore marine natural resources when environmental damage occurs. See our contracting page for more information about our specialist contracting services.
We began providing these services in 2003 and in many cases have continued to perform dredging services for the same clients annually and bi-annually.
The disposal of dredged material is managed by us also. We will take it away and dispose of it so there is no harm to the environment and in most cases we will reuse & recycle where possible.
Fresh Water Dredging
We do a lot of fresh water inland dredging & have worked in places such as;
- Lake Taupo
- Waikato River
- Sewage Ponds
In coastal areas our dredging involves the maintenance of estuaries and channels. We also carry out a lot of new work and maintenance work in:
- Boat Ramps
Our areas of speciality are;
- Marinas – They silt up and boats hit the bottom.
- Boatramps – To make them usable at low tide.
- Channels waterways, canals & lakes – After time they silt up and boats touch the bottom. Access gets restricted due to the tide. We make them navigable again.
- Dams – They have to be cleaned out periodically so that turbines don’t get blocked.
- Ponds – Clean out of settling ponds
- Sewage ponds – They have to be cleaned