You can hire us to perform services under “a contract for services” (commonly called an Independent Contractors Agreement).
We call ourselves “specialists” because we are able to do work that other general contractors cannot. We can do jobs in hard to reach places, environmentally sensitive areas, out at sea, in the bush, rural properties, council land, rugged countryside, you name it, Pacific7 can do it. We have a long list of equipment at our disposal to do these jobs, as well as highly trained crew and years of experience across many trades.
What distinguishes us from General Contractors? Being able to undertake works in difficult to reach places. These places are often in environmentally sensitive areas such as estuaries where it is imperative that there is minimal environmental impact. In many cases this is limited to footprints only.
Approved contractors for:
- Regional Councils
- District Councils
- Energy service providers
- Telecommunications providers
- Port Authorities
Some projects we have undertaken:
- Walkways – We have built walkways which is a passage or path for walking along, especially a raised passageway connecting different sections of a building or a wide path in a park or garden.
- Structures – We have built structures such as wharves, retaining walls, sea walls, gangways, jetties both fixed & floating.
- Mangrove Removal – For councils in New Zealand we have completed extensive mangrove removal operations using helicopters to take the excess mangroves off site.
- Salvage – Raise vessels from seabed. Recover sunken boats. Towing of disabled boats. Patch holes and pump vessels dry. Tow to safe port. Heavy lifting, support barges. Temporary repairs and towing.
- Environmental Salvage – Remove environmental hazards, Fuel removals, Oil Spill Response, Fast rescue raft.
- Rubbish Removal – we can remove extensive amounts of rubbish and relocate to a designated dumping site.
- Vegetation Management – tree pruning, brush removal through the use of power saws and mowers; hazard tree identification and removal, the control of weeds, mangrove removal, removing overgrown or fallen vegetation.
- Tree Felling – we can access trouble spots in the tree canopy and remove only necessary branches, without damaging any surrounding branches, crown reductions and pruning to improve structural integrity. In particularly confined spaces, limbs can be lowered down in small sections using specialised roping techniques, cranes, cherry pickers and even helicopters for more complicated sites.
- We can build new Boat Ramps &/or maintain exisiting ones.
A boat ramp is a slipway, launch or boat deployer, it is a ramp on the shore by which ships or boats can be moved to and from the water.
Tree Felling – Whanarua Bay, East Coast, NZ
Mangrove Removal from council
Whangamata Harbour, Coromandel, NZ
Due to our extensive range of vehicles we can be amphibious.
We can fly, float and scale but our main areas of specialty are:
- Rivers & Streams – A river is a natural flowing watercourse, usually freshwater, flowing towards an ocean, sea, lake or another river. A Stream is a small river, creek, or rivulet.
- Lakes – a large area of water surrounded by land
- Estuaries -A partially enclosed coastal body of brackish water with one or more rivers or streams flowing into it, and with a free connection to the open sea. Estuaries form a transition zone between river environments and maritime environments.
- Dams – A dam is a wall that is built across a river in order to stop the water flowing and to make a lake. Dams are often used for animal or fish farming or to generate electricity or a water supply